Category Archives: Community

Day of Remembrance

Please come support Boxer Sophia and her family! Day of Remembrance: Dwone Anderson-Young and Ahmed Said Please join us at the corner of 29th & King on Sunday, May 31st @ 5 pm to remember Dwone Anderson-Young and Ahmed Said, … Continue reading

Posted in Community | Tagged , , ,

Bridal showers and boxing

yes, it’s true, if a bridal shower happens in the woods, boxing still exists. Yesterday I attended a bridal shower for one of our competitive boxers, Laura.  She started as a fitness boxer before the gym had walls.  I watched … Continue reading

Posted in Coach's Corner, Community | Tagged , , , , , , , ,

Boxing is no joke

Being a competitive boxer is no joke.  Saying you want to get in the ring as an amateur or pro takes a commitment beyond anything you can imagine.  But doesn’t anything if you want to be the best? Boxing is … Continue reading

Posted in Coach's Corner, Community | Tagged , , , , , ,

Boxing for the Wounded Warriors

Arcaro Boxing will be supporting the Wounded Warrior Project on two occasions this month.  First, on May 16th, UW Fraternity Members will be entering the ring for their first time and we will be in their corner.  3 months ago, … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Fundraising | Tagged , , , , , , , ,

Learning Mode

It is sooooo hard to be in learning mode, to be interested in what you are doing. In our culture we are so fixated on tangible objects, objectives and outcomes.  We talk about the process but really revel in the … Continue reading

Posted in Coach's Corner, Community | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Community- YWCA- The Central Area Food Bank

For awhile I would walk to work and pass by the YWCA on East Cherry Street.  On Wednesdays I watched a line form down and around the block.  Each Wednesday this branch hands out food to those in need.  I … Continue reading

Posted in Community | Tagged , , , ,

I’ve heard it said many times that one must crawl before they can walk.  Or, that you have to be 13 before you can be 25. To get to this point I had to experience 2013 and 2014.  To say … Continue reading

Posted in Coach's Corner, Community | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

A GUEST BLOG!!!!!

I met Laura Wright at Pratt Park in 2013. She came with a group of teachers to box 2 times a week. She is a remarkable gal with a precise vision and the skills to achieve it. Once I got … Continue reading

Posted in Coach's Corner, Community | Tagged , , , , , ,

Community I didn’t anticipate

Before the gym had walls I started thinking about community and how to allow the space for it to authentically grow. When we were at Pratt Park, I watched how our public space was used, how instantly the space allowed … Continue reading

Posted in Boxing, Community | Tagged , , , , , , , ,

Small business and community

Last year right after the gym opened I received a cold call from a gentleman named Vincent. He wanted to use the gym and an athlete to do a video for a new clothing product he was developing. We arranged … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Fundraising, Small Business | Tagged , , , , , , , ,