When you hit the heavy bag, do you hold your breath, breathe out sharply, breathe out measured? Can you exhale and inhale all the way into your belly? I was observing boxers hitting the bag and checking out how breathing impacted their form and power. Things I saw: Shoulders tense, shoulders shrug, jaw clenches, face tightens and an overall tension when making impact. These characteristics prevented power from flowing through to the bag. Next time you are hitting the heavy bag, try a breathing experiment…….relax the jaw, drop the shoulders, blow breath out puffing cheeks slightly and deliver a punch. Next, clench jaw, shrug shoulders, force breath out and deliver a punch. See if there are any differences in your power.
Find us on Yelp!
Arcaro Boxing named a Top-Rated Gym on ClassPass
Arcaro Boxing named Top 40 Boxing Blog on Feedspot!!!
- Follow Arcaro Boxing Gym – Seattle, WA on WordPress.com
- Shattered June 6, 2019
- Failure and Setbacks June 3, 2019
- Funny April 30, 2019
- Stopping the war with time April 29, 2019
- Inefficiencies April 28, 2019
- Trapped April 7, 2019
- Decision making March 31, 2019
- language reveals intent March 22, 2019
- Thaw- The break-up March 19, 2019
- the mechanics February 17, 2019
Arcaro Boxing Gym206-250-3655See Schedule page for gym hours