When you hit the heavy bag, do you hold your breath, breathe out sharply, breathe out measured? Can you exhale and inhale all the way into your belly? I was observing boxers hitting the bag and checking out how breathing impacted their form and power. Things I saw: Shoulders tense, shoulders shrug, jaw clenches, face tightens and an overall tension when making impact. These characteristics prevented power from flowing through to the bag. Next time you are hitting the heavy bag, try a breathing experiment…….relax the jaw, drop the shoulders, blow breath out puffing cheeks slightly and deliver a punch. Next, clench jaw, shrug shoulders, force breath out and deliver a punch. See if there are any differences in your power.
Find us on Yelp!
Arcaro Boxing named Top 40 Boxing Blog on Feedspot!!!
- Follow Arcaro Boxing Gym – Seattle, WA on WordPress.com
- Truth in the ropes August 18, 2018
- Accountability August 17, 2018
- BoxOn! August 16, 2018
- CONFLICT AND SPARRING August 15, 2018
- Insights-2 August 11, 2018
- Insight -1 August 9, 2018
- truth and hiding August 1, 2018
- connection July 31, 2018
- Evening thoughts across the bridge July 25, 2018
- Worked all weekend July 15, 2018
Arcaro Boxing Gym206-250-3655See Schedule page for gym hours